Monday, October 5, 2015

It's Deja Vu All Over Again*

I've not been able to get into Wildstar this past week, but I've not been trying very hard either.

I did take note that Carbine is currently scrambling to bring more servers online to handle the surge in interest in the game, which is pretty much back where we were then Wildstar first dropped.

When I read that Carbine was bringing new servers on, my first thought was that I hoped that they didn't overdo it and then have to shut down some of these servers when the initial rush faded. But that cynical thought was quickly replaced by another one: maybe enough people really did like the game, but they weren't willing to replace their WoW subscription with one for Wildstar.

I think it'll take more than a few weeks to see whether it's that sentiment is true, but I do wonder if Carbine was onto something as far as the storyline goes. It didn't really resonate with me that much, but maybe it did with enough people that maybe Wildstar can be saved.




*The longtime baseball player Yogi Berra, who was famous for quotes such as this one, passed away last week at the age of 90. He's the sort of pop culture icon that would find his way into a WoW questline. He's the one who said "It ain't over 'til it's over." Go check out a lot of his more famous sayings here at Wikiquote.

No comments:

Post a Comment