Thursday, April 7, 2011

What just happened?

I'm being bribed...

"This system is meant to address the unacceptable queue times currently being experienced by those that queue for the DPS role at max level. The long queue times are, of course, caused by a very simple lack of representation in the Dungeon Finder by tanks, and to some extent healers."

"but perhaps we can bribe them a little"

What is this, I don't even...

I suppose something was necessary to address the problem, but seriously? Resulting to tactics my mother would use to get you to do what she wants? That doesn't sit so well.

I'm at a point now, as are most regular players, which I don't really need valor points except for my off spec gear - and I'm not overly concerned about gearing it up.

But wait Mr. Awesomely-Bearded Deftig, you get a nice bonus, what do you have to be upset about?

First, thanks. My beard is awesome, isn't it?

Right, I get the fine opportunity to jump out into the LFD maelstrom and do the same thing that frustrates and burns me out - tank for a bunch of randoms.

It may sound elitest of me, but I don't particularly enjoy running the dungeons anymore. The faster I can pull, the better the dps is, the more geared the healer is, the quicker I can end that dungeon - THE BETTER. My faction grind for Cataclysm is over, I don't need any gear out of there and frankly, I only have one 85 (by choice - warriors are just the best class). And I don't feel the need to help you gear up your 9th level 85 alt while you struggle to remember where you put hex on your hotbar because you rarely play that character.

"Understandably, players prefer to take on that responsibility in more organized situations than what the Dungeon Finder offers"

No shit, ya don't say?

I'm to the point now where I haven't run a heroic dungeon as a tank is roughly two weeks - and in the one dungeon I did run, it was with a guild group going because one of our members was gearing up a tank.

So is the bribe even worth it?

"offer them a chance to get some of those elusive pets and mounts "

Hey that's great and all, but I long ago lost hope of getting any of those instance drop mounts. If I'm not farming Stratholme 5 times per hour now, what makes you think I'm really going to be so inclined to throw myself onto the mercy of the LFD and HOPE I get a decent enough group to finish the dungeon, and also again HOPE I'm lucky enough to get the mount out of a bag? Do you think that would actually happen? Ya, right...

Also, say you're lucky enough to have actually gotten one of the mounts. You now have a chance to get the exact same one as before and get extra peeved!!

"Even if they don't get a pet or mount, or get one they already have"

Not to mention how cheap of a reward it would feel. My guild took a group of players through and earned every achievement to get iron bound protodrakes. I'm proud of that mount because we worked as a team and finished them out (in honesty, we did finish the final achievement once Cata was released). But none the less we still did something and that mounts carries some significance aside from the fact that I was patient enough to carry a group of people I don't know through a dungeon.

Will this ultimately result in me participating? Probably a few times, but not very happily... Because, sadly, pvp is not very fun anymore. And now that the guild is funding repairs, I don't have the need to do dailies, I haven't even been logging in. At the VERY least, this gives something to do...

1 comment:

  1. But wait Mr. Awesomely-Bearded Deftig, you get a nice bonus, what do you have to be upset about?

    First, thanks. My beard is awesome, isn't it?


    Wait.... What?

    And I thought I was the only dude with a beard around here. (Although mine has a few streaks of gray in it, wherever the hell that came from.)

    I honestly don't see it changing the makeup of pugs at all. The asinine tanks will continue to be so, and it might even pull in people who would be specced as Ret, for example, and have them queue in as a tank just to get some extra goodies.

    ReplyDelete