Thursday, July 1, 2010

Getting that Cataclysmic Itchy Feeling?

I spoke briefly with Souldat today while I was waiting in line to go smash Ahune*, and he mentioned that when Cataclysm is released he is definitely going with a Warrior tank.

While I didn't really have the time to follow up on that statement, I was curious about what people think about their class for Cataclysm.  A lot of Alpha stuff hit the WoW blogosphere like an overripe tomato, and there's plenty of goop all over the different classes.

The Ret Spec Paladin seems to have weathered the storm a little bit, with Crusader Strike becoming part of the starting rotation (Holy Shock too).  Although the loss of Purify will hurt a bit, I find I don't mind the Ret Pally's arsenal overall.

I'm not going to comment about the Holy Spec Pally, because I'm only recently returning to that spec, and Cat will drop long before Tomakan reaches 80.

That said, what do you think?  Did your class get nerfed?


*My son was asking who Ahune was, and I described him as the WoW version of Jack Frost who wanted to blanket the land in winter, and since this is the Summer festival we had to beat back Ahune to preserve Summer.  I didn't think my wife was paying attention until she started humming something.  "Why on earth am I humming The Christmas Song?" she asked out loud.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited about the changes to disc priests (as I have posted a bazillion times!), but I'm not exactly sure if they will be nerf or buff. Some of the changes seem pretty cool, requiring Smite to be used as a means to activate healing procs. However my concern is that they will no longer be viable tank healers. If they plan on making disc priests dps some, does that mean that I will not be able to focus enough attention on the tanks? Most of what I've read does not touch on this concept, so I am anxious to see how the disc priest will fit into the raiding group.

    As far as the other classes, I don't really care about changes. I'm not really great at any of my alts, and don't really know enough about any of their abilities to form opinions on them. I just log in, quickly read over my action bars, and do the best I can. :P

    Also, very funny story about the Christmas tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figure that I'll just kind of muddle along with my alts, but then again, you never know.

    ReplyDelete