Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I've Been Meme-ified

I typically don't do memes.  All more's the irony that I've responded to a meme on my non-WoW blog and now here in the past month.

This came from Anea, formerly of "Oh Look, an Alt!" who has since moved her blogging over to Wordpress and Ethermead.  This is a WoW-centric meme, which is no great surprise.

1. Raider, farmer, PvPer, or altoholic?
If I've the choice among the four, I guess it'd be a farmer.  In reality, I'd create a fifth entry, Questaholic, to stick my playing style in.

2. Favorite raid or dungeon?
Halls of Reflection.  How often do you get a chance to fight alongside Sylvanas Windrunner outside of the Wrathgate sequence?

3. Number one choice for a new playable race?
Naga.  A certain number of them could be cast out by Azshara for not living up to her standards, and they are forced to make their own way in the world. 

4. Class you suck the most at?
Warrior.  I created one, got him to L8, and dropped him.  I just didn't want to keep going.

5. Original UI or modded UI?
Moderately modded.  I've slowly been replacing the original UI with modded equivalents, and by the time Catclysm drops I'll have completely modded the UI.

6. Profession you've never levelled past 200?
Almost all of them.  The only professions I've leveled past 200 are Cooking, First Aid, Mining and Jewelcrafting.  (Fishing will get there, however.)

7. Favorite flying mount?
I like my drakes, but I prefer the old Swift Yellow Windrider.  It doesn't take up much viewing space, it doesn't scream "look at me!", and it doesn't look dorky running along the ground.

8. Nozdormu -- friend or foe, you figure?
Friend.  Unless Deathwing corrupts him, of course.

9. Useless item you have in your bank that you'll never get rid of?
Saltheril's Party Invitation.  I have no freaking idea why I want to hold onto it, but I just do.

10. Most expensive thing you've ever bought?
One Battered Hilt, 9300G.  I wanted to see the quest chain, finish up Loremaster for Northrend, and get the best non-raid weapon in the game.  I had more than enough money to cover it (and a Tyrannical Beheader to tide me over), but I waited until the price dropped from 11000G down to below 9500G before I pulled the trigger.  That waiting period sure took long enough, but it at least allowed me enough runs in the ICC 5-mans to see if the hilt would drop.  To this day, I've still only seen the hilt drop once:  on my second run through the Pit of Saron.

11. Favorite starting area?
Alliance:  Draenei.  Far and away the best of the Alliance starting areas, and emphasizes the otherness of the Draenei and their need to convince the races of Azeroth that they aren't in league with the Burning Legion.  What I've seen of the Alliance starting areas, it's easier for the Humans especially to see the Horde races as "those big ugly lesser beings who need to be exterminated."  I can't see the Draenei and Dwarves especially going for that sort of leadership long term, although Night Elves and Tauren Druids have worked together quite well.

Horde:  Blood Elf.  The big punch in the face with the destruction wrought by the Scourge contrasting with Blood Elves clinging to a semblance of their former glory makes for a good starting point.  The Tauren starting zone is a close second, with the great rolling plains and the influence by the Native American beliefs and architecture.  The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the Tauren --and to a lesser extent the Blood Elves-- are going to have a hard time following Garrosh Hellscream into a potentially genocidal war against the Alliance.

12. Inane goal you worked hardest to achieve?
Collecting whelps for the pet collection achievements.  I've got two down --Azure and Crimson-- with two to go.

(Ordinarily I'd say the Bear Mount from the Brunhildar Village, but since I HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT YET, I can't put that here.)

13. Darion Mograine VS Tirion Fordring, gloves off -- winner is?
Tirion.  The Old Man can still bring it.

14. Game music or your own playlist?
Right now, just the background sounds.  I was playing the game music for a long time, but I've since turned it down.  I typically play with headphones on so as not to disturb people nearby.

15. Particular option or setting that you always toggle on a new alt/server?
The beginner tooltips go bye bye; they only get in the way now.

16. Highest amount of levels gained in one play session?
Ten.  L1-10.

17. Thing you'd most like to experience or see in-game?
I already got to experience it:  seeing the Sunwell back in operation as part of the Quel'Delar quest chain.

18. Worst PuG moment?
Oh, there have been plenty.  Too many to count.  Probably the time in Halls of Stone where I was followed by a bot.  It wasn't an epic fail, but just the sheer humiliation of being the dude selected by the bot software to be followed.

19. Best dungeon/raid moment?
Probably the time in Heroic Utgarde Keep where someone had accidentally pulled extra trash (feared), and only myself and the tank were left.  When I saw the healer go down, I stepped back, bubbled, pulled out Healbot, and managed to heal the both of us through something like eight Vrykul at once with only 6k mana.  Both of us nearly died multiple times --the fight was so long the bubble timer and the mana potions reset-- but we somehow stayed upright.

20. Worst quest ever that you totally hate doing?
Thersa Windsong.  I did it once, and afterwards I swore I'd never do that again.

21. First thing you do when you hit 80?
Well, I only hit 80 once, and I really didn't party in the streets of Dal or anything.  I just kind of shrugged and went back to questing in The Storm Peaks.

22. Character (of yours) you would RP as if you had to?
Nevelanthana, my BE Mage.  Of course, that's because she was originally based on a D&D character of mine who bit the dust over last winter.  Even the traditional BE snarkiness and attitude fit Neve's original personality perfectly.

23. Keyboard, mouse, or both for using abilities?
Both.  Eventually I'll get one of those nicer mice, but that's kind of low on the purchasing totem pole.

24. Thottbot or WoWhead?
Wowwiki for me. :-P

25. Acronym you've seen in chat but don't understand?
There are plenty.  If I see it enough I Google it, but since I don't text and I'm not a long time WoW player, I don't have all the acronyms down.  I tend to type in complete sentences --thank you typing class!-- which is occasionally out of place in WoW chat.

26. Plot point you'd like to see resolved someday?
Toss up:  seeing the Ghostlands restored to their former glory, and seeing the Black Temple restored.

27. Biggest thing you're looking forward to in Cataclysm?
Watching the Theorycrafters freak out with all the changes.

28. Guild event you'd like to see?
You mean Karaoke Night isn't part of the menu?  None in particular, really.

29. Level range you hate being in?
L35-39.  That fast mount is almost there, but just out of reach.

30. Favorite map to quest in?
Howling Fjord.  That place just screams Scandinavia, and I have Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite running through my head when I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment