Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Arena.. schmarena

So... I lost my 2s partner when Soul left.. I was quite sad because we were actually starting to do well and I had no doubt in my mind we'd be hitting at least 1800 soon. /sigh.

Well, last night before resets, I was asked to do some 2s. I said sure, might as well at least get my 10 games in for the points since I only have 1 upgrade left before I need ratings.

Now, this person plays a hunter... Hunter/Priest? I really couldn't see it working very well, but what the hell, I wanted my points. First map is Nagrand Arena. YAY! This is probably one of my favorite arena maps. We go in and I tried to live as long as I could, but my partner just didn't have the burst to dps down 2 plate wearers.

Second map is Ring of Valor. Not really my favorite, but it doesn't bother me. Both DPS focus on me.. Not really something I'm a stranger to since most people tend to want to pick on the priest... Except I don't think they were prepared for a priest with 1334 Resilience and just under 30k HP. I lived forever it seemed, however my partner just lacked the burst to kill either one of them. /sigh.

Right as I queued for the next match, he says to me in vent, "Are you ready to give up? Cause I am". I was like, uhh no, I'd like to just get the 10 games in. So we go into the third match. The same problem... I live live live live no one can kill me, however my partner's dps wasn't enough. He managed to get the rogue down and almost had the other guy dead as I died... but it really seemed that once I died, he just sort of gave up. MEH.

Fourth game... Dalaran Arena.. one of my least favorites but hey, whatever, I go with what I get. We're up against a resto druid and a ret pally. Ok, I figured this was probably going to be a difficult team for us because my partner lacked the burst to kill the druid and his sustained dps wasn't going to kill the pally. I gave it my all though.. I kept him alive although he was being focused. For the most part, I was left alone running around keeping my partner alive. I knew this team wasn't very versed in Arenas because I was allowed to heal at my heart's desire. Regardless of this, my partner emo-spiraled because I guess he realized how bad he really was and just left the game. Yes. He left the arena mid-battle. I was left alone in there. I left the game, asked in vent if he's just going to give up when it gets rough, and he replies with "yeah". Well eff you too. I logged out of vent and out of WoW.

I'm a pretty patient person... and I think Soul knows this since our first week or so in Arena was rough, but we still had fun. Our 2nd week, we started winning games and we were having a great time... I came from a 2k rated 2s team on my old server, so I do know a bit about it. This isn't to say that I think I'm some sort of pro and I'm this god's gift to arena. I don't believe that at all... but I do believe that to get to a rating like that, you can't just give up. We may not have had the best comp for 2s, but who cares? If you try and do your homework, we may have been able to get some wins in.

This person has pissed me off to no-end a few times before last night. I don't hold grudges.. pretty much just say "Hey you prick, you pissed me off. Don't fucking do it again". Then I just move on. I've done that on 2 recent occasions already... Should I do it again? Probably. Will I? Doubtful. Why is this time different? Because its a trend with him... it doesn't go his way, he'll emo-nerd-rage. Will I keep raiding with him? Yeah, I want to raid... and I won't let personal feelings get in the way of that... but will I continue to do things outside of that with this person? No.. probably not... at least not voluntarily.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're having such bad luck in arenas. And what an asshat move of your team mate, there.

    My experience has been much better than yours last week, as my post above says.

    Sometimes getting a fresh start is just that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you can guess who this partner was.

    As far as raiding, we're doing well. Got some Blood Princes attempts in and this week, we will get them dead. I wouldn't call my "fresh start" a fresh start, but its definitely a step up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I surmised as much. I'm not surprised. His attitude will continue to diminish the guild esprit de corps.

    It's crazy how much the attitude of guild leadership can sway the feel of a guild so mightily. I'm very happy I made the choice I did, as I'm in a guild with a great group of people. Most of them are / were military, and I think that has a lot to do with it.

    As always, I hope things will continue to be successful for you, and that you can find some modicum of satisfaction with your decision to join them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it doesn't go his way, he'll emo-nerd-rage. Will I keep raiding with him? Yeah, I want to raid... and I won't let personal feelings get in the way of that... but will I continue to do things outside of that with this person? No.. probably not... at least not voluntarily.

    I can almost sense a raidfail in the not so distant future....

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's like that red-headed step child everyone calls ginger and beats up on... He emo gquit last week. It was quite ridiculous. I told him that if he pulls that kind of shit again, I will not invite him back. He's 32yrs old for god's sake... and he acts like a 10yr old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's like that red-headed step child everyone calls ginger and beats up on...

    Hey! Keep redheads out of it!

    (I've been waiting months to use that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete